COVID-19 & Delta variant home inspection facts you need to know
Covid-19 Home Inspection Safety Guidelines
Covid-19 Home Inspection is more important than ever. We believe having a safe home is critical for your family. Foundations Property Inspections is open and ready to inspect your home as we all continue living our lives in the “new normal” during the COVID-19 pandemic.
At Foundations Property Inspection, the health and safety of our customers is our highest priority. We aggressively follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), Pennsylvania Department of Health, and Medical Professionals safety guidelines to ensure we are taking the necessary precautions to ensure your health and safety are always at the forefront of how we serve you.
Our team of professional building inspectors practices preventative safety measures and excellent hygiene etiquette. We respect social distancing preferences and requirements and follow these safety practices.
Covid-19 Home Inspection Safety Measures
Covid-19 Home Inspection requires prudent safety precautions for the buyer, seller, real estate agent, closing company, loan officer, and our home inspectors. We are all in this together.
Covid-19 Home Inspection Safety Practices For FPI's Home Inspectors
- Wear OSHA approved protective equipment
- Wash our hands
- Apply hand sanitizer before and after the home inspection
- Keeping a safe distance (6 feet) from others, even if they are not displaying symptoms
- Clean equipment surfaces before and after use
- Staying home when sick
- Keeping Our Customers Safe
- Before entering a customer’s home or property, we will communicate that we’re healthy and utilize shoe covers to prevent tracking in contaminants.
We will provide customers with information about protecting their health and safety. All customers may ask questions regarding the virus and we will answer according to the most recent company update and procedures.
Covid-19 Home Inspection Safety Practices For The Buyer
- Do not attend the inspection.
- If you would like to attend, do so only at the top of the inspection or last 1/2 hr for review.
- Wear a protective mask and gloves.
- Always practice social distancing, remaining a minimum of 6 feet aside from each other.
- Don’t worry! Foundations Property Inspections has got you covered if you select not to attend the inspection because of Coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns. Our consultation, detailed report, and verbal review will address all of your questions and concerns.
- Do not attend the inspection if you are feeling sick, or if you exhibit symptoms of respiratory disease. Contact your medical provider.
- Do not bring children, relatives, contractors, or unnecessary personnel to the inspection.
- Use hand sanitizer before entering and before leaving the house.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Touch as few things within the home as possible.
Covid-19 Home Inspection Safety Practices For The Seller
- Same Safety Practices as Buyer
- Reschedule the inspection if anyone within the home feels sick, or exhibits symptoms of respiratory disease. Contact your medical provider.
- Do not attend the inspection. Make arrangements for a neighbor, relative, or be out of the house during the inspection.
- Wipe bathroom and kitchen fixtures, toilet handles, and doorknobs with a sanitizing wipe before the inspection.
Let us know in advance of your appointment if you have any concerns or if you would like us to take additional precautions. Please inform us if anyone in the household has health issues, like the flu or a cold.
We will not leave information behind. All reports are generated digitally.
Thank you for your continued confidence and trust in Foundation Property Inspections. Your comfort and safety are extremely important to us and we look forward to providing the best, and most accommodating, home inspection experience possible.